2023 LMAC Convention
2023 LMAC Annual Meeting, Convention and Canadian Livestock Auctioneering Championship
LMAC awards the Olds Auction Mart the 2023 Canadian Livestock Auctioneering Championships
May 11 – 14, 2023 in Olds, Alberta
The Championships will be held in conjunction with the 2023 LMAC Convention and Annual Meeting. Convention chairman Rick Wright says, “LMAC is very excited to host this year’s convention in central Alberta. This is our first-time hosting in Olds. This is the OLDS Auction Mart’s 70th Anniversary and our event will tie in nicely with their celebration. The Rosehill family, and their partner Patrick Cassidy, are strong supporters of LMAC. The Olds Auction Mart and their staff run a very professional business and LMAC is proud to showcase this popular auction market. The Auctioneering Competition will be broadcast live on both the DLMS and TEAM marketing platforms.
Convention Chairman Rick Wright says that convention will draw approximately 300 market operators, auctioneers, order buyers and industry partners to the convention. We expect over 40 auctioneers from across Canada to compete and there will be lots of local talent to cheer for. The competition is free for the public to attend. Producer’s that wish to consign cattle for the sale should book with Tyler Rosehill, Patrick Cassidy and their sales staff as soon as possible as the market will be limiting the number of cattle for this special sale. In the past the sale has been extra competitive with the extra buyers in attendance.
Registration for both the conventioneers and auctioneers is available through Eventbrite.
Convention headquarters will be at the Pomeroy Hotel in Olds. There are also rooms available at the Best Western and Ramada Inn in Olds. Rooms are on a first come first served basis and we are limited to 120 rooms total. Please refer to the LMAC group when booking. You must book with the hotel direct; bookings through third party service providers such as Hotels.com will not be accepted.
For more information call Rick Wright at 204-748-7676.
May 11, 2023
- LMAC Board of Directors Meeting
- Convention Check In opens 2:00 p.m.
- Auctioneers Video Interviews and Photos start 2:00 p.m.
- Hospitality Room opens 3:00 p.m.
- Meet and Greet 6:00 p.m. (supper included)
- Auctioneers Draw and Presentation of Promotional Wear 8:00 p.m.
- Auctioneer Calcutta 9:00 p.m.
May 12, 2023
- Auctioneers and Judges meetings
- Livestock Auctioneering Competition
- Evening BBQ
- Olds Auction Mart 70th Anniversary Celebrations (Live Music at the Cow Palace). Transportation provided.
May 13, 2023
- Breakfast 7:00 to 8:30 a.m.
- LMAC Annual Meeting 8:00 a.m.
- Livestock Market Outlook
- Panel Discussion – What Influences the seller and buyers choice of marketing platforms?
Panel will include: auction market operator, order buyer, cattle feeder and a producer
- Tour of the Olds College
- Demonstrations of the College “Smart Farm” and other projects
- Awards Banquet
May 14, 2023
- Farewell Breakfast
- Alberta Auction Markets Assoc. Meeting